|Viewing, Reading, Listening,
Note Taking and Writing Skills
can be enhanced by using mass media and the resources of Newsday.
The N.I.E. Multimedia Program will post a lesson
every Tuesday designed to improve E.L.A. skills.
When you fill out the PRE-WRITING OUTLINE
and then WRITE the EXPOSITORY ESSAY,
be sure the answers to the crossword puzzle
and the answers to the Multiple Choice Quiz appear.
These represent the major facts, details and
topics of this story.
CROSSWORD PUZZLE ANSWERS
nine, bailout, frozen, prophesy, preserve, capital, lending,
ownership, interest, treasury
MULTIPLE CHOICE ANSWERS
The Rachel Maddow Show Listening Assessment
1. The basic economic crisis is that banks are not (b) lending money to other banks.
2. Paul Krugman feels that instead of looking at the Stock Market, the real indicator is (c) the Credit Market.
3. Krugman feels this latest massive bailout will (c) lead to another, better bailout plan.
4. Over one month ago, during this interview, Krugman said the solution is for the government to (a) buy the
banks and nationalize them.
5. According to the Newsday article, President Bush announced that money from the $700 billion dollar bailout
will purchase (c) shares of the 9 largest US banks.